Dental crowns and bridges are a secure way to fill gaps and help restore your smile. If you have missing or damaged teeth, crowns & bridges can help restore your smile to proper from and function.
What is a Crown?
A crown is a cover or “cap” that is put on a tooth to make the tooth stronger or improve its overall appearance. A crown restores the tooth to its normal shape, size and function.
Why Do I Need a Crown?
You may need a crown if you:
- Have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- Have a missing tooth and need a bridge
- Need to cover a dental implant
- Have a tooth that is cracked, worn down or otherwise weakened
- Have undergone a root canal
- Want to restore a discoloured or badly shaped tooth
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge will hold your other teeth in place and make everyday activities such as eating and talking easier.
It can also help preserve your teeth as a lost tooth can cause the remaining teeth to loosen, which may lead to additional tooth loss.
How does the dental bridge stay attached in the mouth?
Much like you might expect, the bridge attaches to the remaining natural teeth on either side literally 'bridging the gap' that is caused by missing teeth.
Because bridges attach to other teeth, their longevity will depend on the health of the supporting teeth.